7.14.2011

What makes FPSs Fun? | GoozerNation

Competitive multiplayer used to hold very little value to me as a gamer. I was always much more interested in the single player experience and RPGs were the best providers of that. As the technology of each new console generation moves forward other genres better embrace the grandiose storylines and complex characters that RPGs made popular. There were, and definitely are now, genre bending games like Deus Ex that really sunk their hooks into me. But the biggest impact I've seen are the level up mechanics implemented in competitive fragfests. This has given me a reason to be excited about playing First Person Shooters but also makes me wonder what makes them so fun.

Want to know what I discovered? Of course you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment